lotu5 on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:28:08 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Proposal to create EU-wide "troublemakers" database

Doesn't this seem like the logical conclusion of the development of
"perfect" immigration controls, to be able to select at will who can go
where when, and expel those who are unwanted, based on political choices
by governments to support their own interests? Combined with RFID
technologies currently proliferating and biometric identification, we
can imagine the total control of population movements just around the
corner, the total realization of biopolitical control. It does seem that
becoming stateless, zombie process, would be a form of resistance, but
of course that kind of inoperability means a loss of any of the
biopolitical life support, health care, jobs, etc...

nettime's troublemaker wrote:

> Proposal to create EU-wide "troublemakers" database
>
> http://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/apr/04eu-troublemakers.htm
>
> - to "prevent individuals or groups who are considered to pose a potential
> threat to the maintenance of public law and order and/or security from
> travelling to the location of the event"
 <...>

--

blog: http://technotrannyslut.com

gpg:  0x5B77079C // encrypted email preferred
gaim/skype: djlotu5 // off the record messaging preferred