Monica Narula on Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:39:55 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Sarai Reader 07, and more

Sarai releases 3 publications online.

SARAI READER 07: FRONTIERS
http://www.sarai.net/publications/readers/sarai-reader-07-frontiers
SENSOR - CENSUS - SENSOR:
Investigating Circuits of Information, Registering Changes of State
http://www.sarai.net/publications/occasional/sensor-census-censor
WORKING QUESTIONS
The Sarai CSDS Fellowship Programme - 2002-2007
http://www.sarai.net/publications/occasional/working-questions

Publication Details
SARAI READER 07: FRONTIERS
Editors: Monica Narula, Shuddhabrata Sengupta, Jeebesh Bagchi, Ravi
Sundaram

Associate Editor: Smriti Vohra
Design: Mrityunjay Chatterjee

Editorial Collective: Monica Narula, Shuddhabrata Sengupta, Jeebesh
Bagchi, Ravi Sundaram, Ravi S. Vasudevan, Awadhendra Sharan + Geert
Lovink

ISBN 81-901429-9-2

600 pages, 14.5 cm x 21 cm
Paperback: Rs 350, US$ 20, € 20

"Frontiers considers limits, edges, borders and margins of all kinds
as the sites for declarations, occasions for conversation, arguments,
debates, recounting and reflection. Our book suggests that you
consider the frontier as the skin of our time and our world, and we
invite you to get under the skin of contemporary experience in order
to generate a series of crucial (and frequently unsettling) narrative
and analytical possibilities.

For us, the frontier is a threshold waiting to be crossed, a space
rife with the seductive aura of transgression. We are not talking
only of actual, physical borders (though of course we are interested
in literal and political borders) that are usually the residues of
war, but also of the borders between different temporal registers,
between languages, between different modes of action, between
different bodies of thought and conviction, between the exception and
the rule. Looked at this way, a border is more than a constellation
of fixed markers circumscribing a domain.

We have always viewed the Sarai Reader as hospitable to new and
unprecedented ideas, as a space of refuge where wayward reflections
can meet half-forgotten agendas. We hope our text this year sets the
stage for a productive encounter with the demand for an account of
the boundaries, parameters and verges of our times."

SENSOR - CENSUS - SENSOR
Investigating Circuits of Information, Registering Changes of State
Produced and designed at the Sarai Media Lab, Delhi

Colloquium Design: Shuddhabrata Sengupta
Assisted by Taha Mehmood

Documentation Editor: Smriti Vohra
Print Design: Mrityunjay Chatterjee

This colloquium is an activity of Towards A Culture Of Open Networks,
a collaborative initiative of Sarai-CSDS, Delhi (www.sarai.net); Waag
Society, Amsterdam (www.waag.org); and t0, Vienna (www.t0.or.at). The
initiative is supported by the EU-India Economic and Cross-Cultural
Programme under its Media, Communication and Culture Dimension.
http://www.opencultures.net

ISBN: 978-81-905853-7-8

November 2007, Delhi, India
Price: Rs 150, US$ 12, € 10

WORKING QUESTIONS
Independent Research & Interdisciplinary Practice
The Sarai CSDS Fellowship Programme - 2002-2007

Editors: Debjani Sengupta, Vivek Narayanan
Editor (Hindi): Mahmood Farooqui
Editorial Coordinator: Shuddhabrata Sengupta
Editorial Coordinator (Hindi): Ravikant
Interviews: Smriti Vohra
Design and Layout: Amitabh Kumar

312 pages, Paperback: Rs. 250, US$ 20. Euro 15
ISBN 978-81-905853-8-5

December 2007
--------------------------
All Publications:

Produced and designed at the Sarai Media Lab, Sarai-CSDS, Delhi

Published by
Centre for the Study of Developing Societies
29 Rajpur Road, Delhi 110 054, India
Tel: (+91) 11 2396 0040 Fax: (+91) 11 2392 8391
email: dak@sarai.net, www,sarai.net

Any part of these books may be reproduced in any form without the
prior written permission of the publishers for educational and non-
commercial use only. The editors, contributors and publishers,
however, would like to be informed.

Monica Narula
Raqs
Sarai-CSDS