Tim Pozar on Fri, 23 May 2008 14:05:49 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Steve Cisler

I am very sorry to hear about Steve's passing.  I do remember Steve as
being very kind hearted and one of the biggest advocates of electronic
libraries.  He was a fore runner to things like Internet Archive.

My best wishes to his family.

Tim

Eileen Clegg wrote:

>Steve Cisler was a lovely human being whose presence helped create and
>sustain communities. He was involved with EOE (Spohrer?s Education
>Object Economy group) some years back, and other very early communities
>of practice connecting technology/learning/social networks.  Yes,
>organic is a good word for his approach, his gentle influence on
>technology and people.
>-Eileen
>
>On 5/19/08 10:22 PM, "Mark Petrakis" <spoon@well.com> wrote:
>
>    Steve Cisler was a talented and gracious man who contributed much to
>    the culture and thought around community and networks.
>
>    He was a FutureCommons member as well as a sly storyteller. I expect
>    he would have appreciated this "slow work" thread.
>
>    /-m
>    /
>
>    Begin forwarded message:

>        *From: *t byfield <tbyfield@panix.com>
>        *Date: *May 19, 2008 9:15:46 PM PDT
>        *To: *Nettime-l <nettime-l@kein.org>
>        *Subject: <nettime> Steve Cisler
>        *
>        Steve Cisler passed away on Thursday 15 May, from a medical condition
>        he'd known about for several years, which had worsened over the last
>        several months. His wife, Nancy, said that he was with his entire
>        family -- which had grown in the last few years -- and that he was
>        relaxed and accepting as his health faded.
 <...>