Tjebbe van Tijen on Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:59:10 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> What have Mc Cain Hitler and Mugabe have in common?

What have Mc Cain Hitler and Mugabe in common?
NOTHING
if it was not for "Madonna" and her latest show

popstars are popstars because they present themselves
and are represented as being ..

one-dimensional

there is great need and love wit wide audiences
to have live be represented in simple ways
that's why and how Mc Cain, Hitler and Mugabe
became political stars

there is an underlaying violence
in the denial of the complexities of our societies
also, it makes opponents into enemies

enemies to be feared at first
to get rid of next
no time and space for negotiation

still, I will not be tempted
to paint a small black mustache
on the face of Madonna

we all like to have our idols to be political naive
they are there, just for "divertimento"
not as guide for our political actions

Tjebbe van Tijen 25/8/2008

reference with YouTube link of show at:

http://www.lepost.fr/article/2008/08/25/1250336_pour-madonna-mc-cain-
et-hitler-c-est-la-meme-chose.html#xtor=ADC-218
Pour Madonna, Mc Cain et Hitler, c'est la même chose
barack obama, élections américaines, états-unis, john mc cain,
républicains, démocrates

Tjebbe van Tijen
Imaginary Museum Projects
Dramatizing Historical Information