:T I N A on Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:13:32 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Next Idea of the Artist - essay

I didn't think it was based on any fact.

What I call "tiresome" is the inbred erudition that passes for
scholarly. It isn't a new disease, but I can finally say something
about it.

You insult Beethoven by calling him and his work "romantic." I have
never understood the end-sum philosophy of deprecating the past to
celebrate the future.

If you cannot simply respect what was as what was without "hot-plate
philosophy," don't wax. Don't even speak the names. Time is merciful.

Moreover, there is no reason for killing Beethoven off, he's already
dead.

God help us, if all we should remember is Mahler.

:t