Dmytri Kleiner on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:51:25 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Interview with Scott Rosenberg about Dreaming in Code

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:16:42 +0200, Florian Cramer
<fc-nettime@plaintext.cc> wrote:

> It seems to me that the above observations do not just apply to Silicon
> Valley, but also in culturally subsidized media arts software
> development.  There has been a tendency of developing massive artistic
> tools in-house that draw huge resources, get delayed by years and end up
> having a smaller community use value than anticipated.

One reason for this is that the cost of promoting the use of something is
not understood nor included by such projects who incorrectly assume that
just by building something useful, users will magically appear.

Cheers.

--
Dmytri Kleiner
editing text files since 1981