marc garrett on Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:22:16 -0400 (EDT)

<nettime> Our Ada Lovelace Day ends Mar 30th.

Our Ada Lovelace Day ends Mar 30th.

Just a reminder to those who missed Ada Lovelace Day and still wishes to
be a part of the project to submit your contributions. There is still
time...

We have been receiving many entries in support of Ada Lovelace Day,
which will be a valuable resource for all in the future.

Original call out below...

In support of Ada Lovelace Day we are inviting all women who work in
media arts and net art to join the NetBehaviour email list for a week
between 23rd and 30th March.

We would like to know about your work and that of other women who have
inspired you in your own practice. So please come and squat the
NetBehaviour list for a week (of course we hope you'll stick around for
longer:) and share your inspirations with our friendly community of
artists, academics, writers, code geeks, curators, independent thinkers,
activists and net mutualists.

Posts are welcome in any format and frequency. The following is offered
as an example.

====================
MY NAME: Ruth Catlow

INSPIRED BY:

Ele Carpenter - http://www.elecarpenter.org.uk/ for tech inspired and
facilitated participation with Open Source Embroidery, her curatorial
project exploring artists practice that explores the relationship
between programming for embroidery and computing.

Auriea Harvey - for her part with Entropy8Zuper in early intimate
networked performances http://entropy8zuper.org/wirefire and for Endless
Forest, Tale of Tales's bucolic social screensaver
http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest

Mary Flanagan - for her energetic explorations as academic, educator,
artist and programmer at the intersection of games, art and feminism and
exploring collaborative approaches to thinking about values in
http://www.valuesatplay.org/

==============================

At the end of the week we will collate all of the posts in the thread
and feature them on Furtherfield.org.

See you on Netbehaviour : ))

With all best wishes from

Ruth and the Furtherfield team

Ada Lovelace Day -bringing women in technology to the fore
http://findingada.com/blog/2009/01/05/ada-lovelace-day/
sign a pledge to blog about inspirational women in tech on 24th March.

NetBehaviour is the Furtherfield.org email discussion listJoin
NetBehaviour for a week between 23rd and 30th March (of course we hope
you will stick around: )