David Mandl on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:42:31 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Trotsky's ashes stolen and baked in cookies

http://www.anarchistnews.org/?q=node/7202

Eighty eight years of the day Trotsky directed the suppression of the
anarchist uprising in Krondstadt, a group of bandits scaled the walls
of his former house in Mexico City during the late hours at night. We
broke the lock on his mausoleum and we expropriate the content inside
it: a silver large vase that bears the inscription of his name,
wrapped in the red scarf that he carried around the neck, containing
the ashes of the corpse inside. We replace with care the lock in the
monument with a reproduction that was similar in the appearance and
escaped into the night.

The vase along with its content then was taken far away to a place
where the vase was discarded and the content (a combination of ash and
bone) were baked in cookies. These cookies then were sent, along with
a letter that explains our actions, to newspapers, to organizations of
Trotskyists, and to the groups of anarchist around the world.

[...]

If Trotsky is right about the history, we do not determine anything,
but we are only characters whose actions were written in the
revolution of October. As was his destiny, coincidentally, to come to
be a cookie.

--
Dave Mandl
dmandl@panix.com