jo van der spek on Thu, 14 May 2009 16:19:39 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Political Work in the Aftermath of the New Media Arts Crisis

<citaat van="Geert Lovink">

>Activism doesn't need more exposure and transparency.

I agree, the obsession with media by activists is killing activism and
(re)producing mirrors of narcism, aka transparency....

>Art doesn't need moral outcry.

It does not NEED it, but some kinda passion is imho an important
generator. This passion can be questioned, exposed or reflected on. That
is why I agree with you that

> Art questions and creates new spaces for reflection.

> What's required are slow spaces.
Yes, but why not also new confrontations, new dynamics, tactics, etc?
And indeed, why not reflect on morality as well?

Jo van der Spek
m2m.streamtime.org