Michael H Goldhaber on Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:10:37 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Handoko Suwono: Facebook paves its way to IPO

In other words, because the Facebook service is free for users, we are
working for the company. But if users paid for the service, as say
with telephone service,  we would not be working for the company? This
is illogical. We are no more working for Facebook than for any other
service we use.

One may criticize capitalism, but still try not to be nonsensical.

Best,
Michael

On Dec 2, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Patrice Riemens wrote:

> b.
>
> "Facebook, which has more than 300 million users, has raised more than
> $600 million from investors since it was founded more than five years
> ago. Its most recent infusion came this spring from Russian Internet
> investor Digital Sky Technologies, which invested $200 million in
> exchange for a 2 percent stake in the company, valuing Facebook at $10
> billion. "
 <...>