Patrice Riemens on Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:36:57 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> A scenario for World War III

Not read Keith's note yet (shame! get out of here! ;-) but just read
an opinion in the Wall Street Journal - always fun read for pinko's
like me - and it was a bit, err, disquieting...

The fun part was about 'nominal rigidities' vs 'real' ones. To cut
corners, the former is about American workers unable to obtain salary
rises when the US Dollar goes South, the latter is about European
workers able to do precisely that when same thing happens to the Euro.

Now the scarry part: Not Greece (or Portugal, or Spain, or Ireland,
or any country wanting to join the PIGS (sic), but Germany. Where
(according to that same learned source) binding with Europe, its
currency, and its spirit in general, is vanishing fast.

Fine. That wil be WWIII within 10 years if you ask me. Remember
Sarajevo.

Cheerio, patrizio & Diiiinooos!
(will read Keith after coffee & grappa)

> Sunam Son from Chicago wrote to me to ask what I meant by my
> occasional references to a possible World War III. I wrote this in
> reply. It's not what I think will happen, but all the nasty bits
> brought into one scenario.
>
> http://thememorybank.co.uk/2010/03/05/world-war-iii/

<....>