David Golumbia on Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:16:48 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> [iDC] Fwd: Egyptian Revolution: 2nd decolonialisation for all

i'll confess that my goal was just to quote the parts i was replying to, not
realizing that folks on both lists might not have read both. maybe even
losing track of which list got which.

armin, I agree with much of what you say about mass intelligence in egypt
(and other places), especially when it is abstracted from its instantiation
only in electronic devices, and as such it is the exception to the phenomena
that I discuss in my post (the silence of the lists esp. about politics that
are not realized in e-forms/political function of the lists).

david
uncomputing.org

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Armin Medosch <armin@easynet.co.uk> wrote:

> Davidand IDCers,
>
> thanks for forwarding this to IDC, as indeed my initial post on nettime
> also had the thread on IDC on 'twitter revolution' in mind.
>
> In your forwarded version of my post, however, some important paragraphs
> in the middle are missing. The main motivation for my posting was not to
> bash nettimers for staying so quiet during a historical moment, but
> rather to highlight the mass intelligence of the Egyptian people.
 <...>

--
David Golumbia
dgolumbia@gmail.com