David Golumbia on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:23:46 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Twitter does not cause revolution, people do

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Ivan Boothe <web@rootwork.org> wrote:
OK, this is getting annoying. No one's arguing that Twitter "causes" revolution.Â

But I challenge this author or anyone else to find anyone above the level of Some Guy On the Internet arguing that Twitter "causes" revolution.

we are living in different worlds, then.

because i hear it up to a dozen times a day, from every direction, at every level of authority.Â

"twitter revolution" was first uttered by clay shirky and jeff jarvis, neither one "Some Guy On the Internet." Shirky has changed his tune once he actually thought about it. jarvis meant a software revolution, but there's not much difference between a change in software and a change in government. apparently.Â

--
David Golumbia
dgolumbia@gmail.com