aha on Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:15:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Facebook takes down Palestinian intifada page

A curious case indeed..

Here's a google translated article that seem to portray an  israeli
self explanation as to why it's censorship efforts are morally fine.

I read about the 3rd intifada + fb issue a few weeks ago. At the time,
I noticed that despite the claim of over 300,000 "likes", the actual
number was more like 350. Note that within the following link there is
a screenshot where the number of "likes" is 1,642.
Maybe 298,358 simultaneously realised that they accidentally "liked"
the same group by mistake..

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.haaretz.co.il%2Fcaptain%2Fspages%2F1223708.html&sl=iw&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

All the best!

Aharon