martin hardie on Sun, 8 May 2011 14:48:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The emphasis should be on the suppression of tyranny by the rule of law.

I read some neocleous recently to get some more lines on the executive,
police, discretion and state of exception. I've realised he is useful to
paint the pictue of law's deformulation (ala weber) which then allows one to
explain to those that remain under the spell of a liberal modernist notion
of the rule of law to realise that that particular scripture is well and
truly lost.
My first reaction when I saw the original post in this thread was to jump in
and remind ntters that the rule of law in the sense of el estado de derecho
and big E equality before the law is possibly not something to idolise - to
cite many, we need to conceptualise a new rule of not LAW

Martin