nettime's_wire_service on Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:50:25 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> I've fallen and I can't stand up digest x3 [jnm, weisman, harrison]

Re: <nettime> FW:  Loan

     =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DNo=EBl_Montagn=E9?=  <jnm@rom.fr>
     Mike Weisman <popeye@speakeasy.net>
     Flick Harrison <flick@flickharrison.com>

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 20:22:41 +0200
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DNo=EBl_Montagn=E9?=  <jnm@rom.fr>
Subject: RE: <nettime>  FW:  Loan

>Someone suggested that it has to do with the gmail hack that was reported
>about a year ago

I suggest that this is related to the Terms Of Service you (and too
many other) have signed with your gmail account:

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a
perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive
license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly
perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you
submit, post or display on or through, the Services. "

or

"You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such
Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals
with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated
services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of
those services."

and

"We also receive requests for information about the users of our
services and products from government agencies like local and federal
police. When we receive a request for user information, we review it
carefully and provide only information properly within the scope and
authority of the request."

so....so many people have your email and have the contents of your
email, so don't be suprised to receive spam.

JN

Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:54:03 -0700
From: Mike Weisman <popeye@speakeasy.net>

Mike, send the money to me and I'll forward it on.

Mike Weisman

Michael Gurstein <gurstein@gmail.com> wrote:

>This is the 4th of these I've received in the last day or so--all from gmail
>accounts.
 <...>