mazzetta on Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:08:08 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> lulzsec's say adieu

http://pastebin.com/1znEGmHa

Lulzec's claimed to have fathered a great number of the recent hacks against governments, institutions and corporation (CIA and Sony among). Now it's the time for them to disappear

  1.
     . /$$                 /$$            /$$$$$$
  2.
     .| $$                | $$           /$$__  $$
  3.
     .| $$       /$$   /$$| $$ /$$$$$$$$| $$  \__/  /$$$$$$   /$$$$$$$
  4.
     .| $$      | $$  | $$| $$|____ /$$/|  $$$$$$  /$$__  $$ /$$_____/
  5.
     .| $$      | $$  | $$| $$   /$$$$/  \____  $$| $$$$$$$$| $$
  6.
     .| $$      | $$  | $$| $$  /$$__/   /$$  \ $$| $$_____/| $$
  7.
     .| $$$$$$$$|  $$$$$$/| $$ /$$$$$$$$|  $$$$$$/|  $$$$$$$|  $$$$$$.$
  8.
     .|________/ \______/ |__/|________/ \______/  \_______/ \_______/
  9.
                                //Laughing at your security since 2011!
 10.
 11.
     .--    .-""-.
 12.
     .   ) (     )
 13.
     .  (   )   (
 14.
     .     /     )
 15.
     .    (_    _)                     0_,-.__
 16.
     .      (_  )_                     |_.-._/
 17.
     .       (    )                    |lulz..\
 18.
     .        (__)                     |__--_/
 19.
     .     |''   ``\                   |
 20.
     .     | [Lulz] \                  |      /b/
 21.
     .     |         \  ,,,---===?A`\  |  ,==y'
 22.
     .   ___,,,,,---==""\        |M] \ | ;|\ |>
 23.
     .           _   _   \   ___,|H,,---==""""bno,
 24.
     .    o  O  (_) (_)   \ /          _     AWAW/
 25.
     .                     /         _(+)_  dMM/
 26.
     .      \@_,,,,,,---=="   \      \\|//  MW/
 27.
     .--''''"                         ===  d/
 28.
     .                                    //   SET SAIL FOR FAIL!
 29.
     .                                    ,'_________________________
 30.
     .   \    \    \     \               ,/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 31.
     .                         _____    ,'  ~~~   .-""-.~~~~~~  .-""-.
 32.
     .      .-""-.           ///==---   /`-._ ..-'      -.__..-'
 33.
     .            `-.__..-' =====\\\\\\ V/  .---\.
 34.
     .                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~, _',--/_.\  .-""-.
 35.
     .                            .-""-.___` --  \|         -.__..-
 36.
 37.
     Friends around the globe,
 38.
 39.
     We are Lulz Security, and this is our final release, as today
     marks something meaningful to us. 50 days ago, we set sail with
     our humble ship on an uneasy and brutal ocean: the Internet. The
     hate machine, the love machine, the machine powered by many
     machines. We are all part of it, helping it grow, and helping it
     grow on us.
 40.
 41.
     For the past 50 days we've been disrupting and exposing
     corporations, governments, often the general population itself,
     and quite possibly everything in between, just because we could.
     All to selflessly entertain others - vanity, fame, recognition,
     all of these things are shadowed by our desire for that which we
     all love. The raw, uninterrupted, chaotic thrill of entertainment
     and anarchy. It's what we all crave, even the seemingly lifeless
     politicians and emotionless, middle-aged self-titled failures. You
     are not failures. You have not blown away. You can get what you
     want and you are worth having it, believe in yourself.
 42.
 43.
     While we are responsible for everything that The Lulz Boat is, we
     are not tied to this identity permanently. Behind this jolly
     visage of rainbows and top hats, we are people. People with a
     preference for music, a preference for food; we have varying taste
     in clothes and television, we are just like you. Even Hitler and
     Osama Bin Laden had these unique variations and style, and isn't
     that interesting to know? The mediocre painter turned supervillain
     liked cats more than we did.
 44.
 45.
     Again, behind the mask, behind the insanity and mayhem, we truly
     believe in the AntiSec movement. We believe in it so strongly that
     we brought it back, much to the dismay of those looking for more
     anarchic lulz. We hope, wish, even beg, that the movement
     manifests itself into a revolution that can continue on without
     us. The support we've gathered for it in such a short space of
     time is truly overwhelming, and not to mention humbling. Please
     don't stop. Together, united, we can stomp down our common
     oppressors and imbue ourselves with the power and freedom we deserve.
 46.
 47.
     So with those last thoughts, it's time to say bon voyage. Our
     planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the
     distance, leaving behind - we hope - inspiration, fear, denial,
     happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment,
     thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love. If anything, we hope we
     had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere.
 48.
 49.
     Thank you for sailing with us. The breeze is fresh and the sun is
     setting, so now we head for the horizon.
 50.
 51.
     Let it flow...
 52.
 53.
     Lulz Security - our crew of six wishes you a happy 2011, and a
     shout-out to all of our battlefleet members and supporters across
     the globe
 54.
 55.
 56.
 57.
     Our mayhem: http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/
 58.
     Our chaos: http://thepiratebay.org/user/LulzSec/
 59.
     Our final release:
     http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6495523/50_Days_of_Lulz
 60.
 61.
     Please make mirrors of material on the website, because we're not
     renewing the hosting. Goodbye. <3