michael gurstein on Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:09:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Are the Open Data Warriors Fighting for Robin Hood or the Sheriff?: Some Reflections on OKCon 2011 and the Emerging Data Divide

Thanks Flick and David...

Flick**your linking of the discussion to the Canadian Access to Information
law is very interesting and I think appropriate, and usefully shifts the
emphasis from the tech to the policy (where I think it should in large part
be...

David**you very sardonically do the same thing but focussing with deep irony
on the corporation as the holder of information rather than government and
in the process make a strong and insightful critique of an over-reaching
Google.

There were also very many extremely insightful comments/critiques of the
post on the blog site http://wp.me/pJQl5-79 which I would commend to your
attention.

It is a measure I think, of the success of a blogpost if it elicits comments
which exceed the original in passion, knowledge and intelligence and this
one I think, succeeded in spades.

Best,