Snafu on Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:53:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Franco Berardi & Geert Lovink: A call to the Army of Love and to the Army of Software

It seems to me that there is a double of FINAZISM that goes
unaccounted for in this otherwise provocative text. And this is the
risk society or ordinary people's desire for accruing wealth by
taking chances on the stock market. While it is undeniable that there
is an undemocratic, dictatorial element in financial capital (as
401Ks, mutual funds, and public finances are injected into the stock
market without taxpayers and workers' consensus) there exists also a
diffused, molecular desire for financial rent that fuels the system.

In this respect, you cannot struggle against finanzism without
understanding the broad cultural shift that subtends the
financialization of everyday life. A Bifo's book from the 1990s called
"Come Si Cura il Nazi" (How to Take Care of the Nazi) could be in this
respect a good starting point to understand how to take care of the
FINAZIST that dwells potentially in each one of us. (By which I do not
mean, of course, that we are all responsible in the same way for the
mess we got in.)