[FP Publishing] on Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:00:56 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Rome, October 15th: The Riots on Social Networks

 Rome, Oct. 15th, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J_FU8qAMtVg

This short video displays the activity on social networks (Twitter,
Facebook, Foursquare) during the riots of October 15th which took
place in Rome during the local instance of the 15th October initiative
created in the planetary process started by the Occupy Wall Street
movement.

The peaks and contours you see represent the intensity of the
communication and conversations that was taking place from the start
of the protest (at 3pm local time) up until its approximate end (at
8pm local time). The animation shows the geo-referenced intensity of
messages for each 30 minute time slot from the beginning to the end of
the protest.

A '"other" event took place in the infosphere. Watching it, we can
perceive a deep mutation: the intersection between public digital
space phisical territory, the observability of our online activities
and lives, but also the possibility to create new forms and tools for
protest, collaboration, solidarity inspired and coherent with our
mutated condition.

more info on:

http://www.artisopensource.net/2011/10/16/versus-rome-october-15th-the
-riots-on-social-networks/