John Hopkins on Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:22:57 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> more on Kittler

PS Margaret -- I've made it a habit to seek out 'personal' encounters people who I find some resonance in their (artistic, textual, etc etc) expressions that circulate in the public abode. It's been an interesting set of experiences to encounter the embodied 'sources' of such energized expressions.

But exactly that process brought me to contact you when I knew I was rolling through Santa Cruz, visiting friends, and thus our one & only f-2-f contact, that sushi lunch, where the embodied met the texts ;-)

It all makes sense! And your calls here for what I would call the more 'humane' are very important for people to heed.

I once said that if all the philosophies put forth here in nettime cannot be 'taught' to a child as a sustainable lived praxis (way-of-going), they are for naught...

jh