Jonathan Marshall on Thu, 26 Apr 2012 03:16:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Galloway: 10 Theses on the Digital

Morlock writes:

>If you want to dispute that information in the brain is stored in discrete
>form (in some "continuous" analogue format, like "that chick has a bit
>nicer ass than the other chick, but I can always put a third ass between
>them), then you'll have to come up with a better alternative to quantum
>mechanics, and perhaps few new elements between aluminum and silicon.

Just like its impossible to find a place between London and Paris because of QM and the periodic table?

The point here is that, as far as i know, we don't know how the brain stores any particular peice of information at this moment. If we have more than models, for example an archeology of stored bits of someones 'information' in their brain, then I'd be interested.

jon

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.