Patrice Riemens on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:18:49 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Foretaste of the armies of global finance (was: Naomi Wolf, etc.)

> As Keith says, this has been going on since October 27, 1986, when the
> City of London was essentially offshored and screen-based trading began.
> Since then, the huge troves of money and expertise concentrated by the
> financial sectors of each country and region have reshaped practically
> all aspects of government, to the point where today, citizens confront
> what appears to be the police (and perhaps tomorrow the armies?) of
> finance. The potential for a shift from creeping to full-blown fascism
> is sobering. We are changing to a new era, not through the abrogation of
> neoliberalism but through its logical culmination. The next few years
> will be decisive - but of what, remains yet unknown.
>
> BH

A nice gallery of picture is provided by the Daily Mail. Go have beer &
then some if you believe these have solely to do with the Olympics ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173122/Royal-Navys-largest-warship-sails-Thames-armed-forces-strength-Olympics.html

(http://bit.ly/MnzooM)

No Cheers, p+4D!