xDxD.vs.xDxD on Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:53:35 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Knowledge is Natural

Knowledge is Natural

http://www.artisopensource.net/2012/08/04/knowledge-is-natural-a-workshop-about-diy-energy-and-augmented-reality-in-natural-environments/

For Knowledge is Natural, we will be in the beautiful woods of the south of
Italy to explore the possibility to re-appropriate sensibilities and
knowledge about natural environments, using DIY, sustainable energy
sources, Augmented Reality, Natural Interaction, Ubiquitous Technologies
and the re-discovery of human relationships and emergent, peer-to-peer
creativity.

Knowledge is Natural, August 19-25 2012, in Societing's 3rd Summer School
titled  "Transmutation, the Next Mediterranean Way".

The Summer School is created by the Mediterranean Societing Academy, Centro
Studi Etnografia Digitale, Universit?? degli Studi di Milano, Universit??
degli Studi di Salerno, AOS ??? Art is Open Source???.

The workshop will last 3 days.

We will work within nature. Our lab will be an innovative camp in which we
will give life to novel forms of collaborative study and relation,
throughout the day. The woods will be our classroom.

We will build a DIY sustainable energy source.

We will learn how to use it to power up laptops, smartphones and custom
electronics.

We will create various forms of in-wood peer-to-peer networks in both
technological and non-technological ways, allowing us to exchange
information, publish it in natural environments and propagate it onto the
Internet.

We will disseminate digital information in nature, harvest it, share it on
the web and on social networks.

We will augment reality, in analog and digital ways, creating accessible,
usable, inclusive and interconnective practices.

We will observe human and non-human activity in nature, using networks and
custom electronics.

http://www.societing.org/summer-school-2012/
http://www.societing.org/2012/08/knowledge-is-natural-la-realta-aumentata-nel-bosco/