Keith Hart on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:35:05 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> crowd-funding on nettime

Capitalism's moral economy is based on the separation of a sphere
where money is paid from one where it is not. This leads to a
fetishized notion that money has the power to transform social
relations. I would not make the money issue decisive in this case.
The mods should decide on the basis of the intellectual quality of a
bid for crowdfunding. If it is little better than spam, kick it out.
Otherwise let us decide if we want to read it or not. It doesn't take
long to make a decision of that sort, maybe 5-10 seconds.

Keith