martin hardie on Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:28:40 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Vegetative Prince Will Not Wake Up: Dutch Prince Friso medical ethics and the ordeal of social inequality

Thanks for chasing that up Keith.

As I explained off list I am extremely busy this week. So my contributions
have been very short and without references.

I agree with the other contributor that Agamben has much to offer this
problem.

Regarding my demagogy it is the state that ultimately authorises the
killing of a life not worth living. No matter what liberal clothes you try
to dress this up in the problem is one at the centre of the question of
bare life. It is also why this issue carries with it such, dare I saw,
fascist overtones.

One also had to be clear not to confuse withdrawal of medical attention
with euthanasia. I'll try to be more fulsome later next week.

Martin

auskadi.com
On Aug 29, 2012 4:57 AM, "Keith Sanborn" <mrzero@panix.com> wrote:

> I was incredulous myself. Google Remenlink report and you will find the
> numbers are closer to 6,000 involuntary terminations of life
 <...>