StÃphane Mourey on Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:49:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> subjective math .

Hi Brian,

I feel the same way as you about t the "democracy" in France, where I'm
living, and any other "democratic" country today, as far I know them. My
proposal was not for them, it was an abstract thinking, and the
"yes/no/neither" case was just one case among others you can imagine. Of
course, a deep thinking about blank vote and abstention is required to give
them their right meaning, and I may give you mine once if you want, but it
was out of the scope. I submit this proportional voting idea to your
judgement as your paradoxic logic make me think about it.
In fact, I thought the "yes/no/neither" as the minimal case, but it is not
as blank and abstention do not have the same meaning, I think that the real
minimal case is 'yes/no/blank/abstention".
By the way, the sample page is really heavy, as I do the minimal work to
make it work... the "picture" is really heavy as it is an PHP generated
HTML table and the page make take a long time to load. Maybe you were not
patient enough to load the whole page and see the example working. May you
try again ? http://brokenclock.free.fr/scripts/pev/pev-0.0.1.php It works
well with FF 15, IE 9, Chrome.

Regards,

St??phane Mourey