Jaromil on Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:28:52 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> P2P Foundation: A Synthetic Overview of the Collaborative Economy (new book)

- reprise

> > >On 10/01/2012 02:55 AM, Felix Stalder wrote:
> > >For me, the political test for all these things is whether they are
> > >set as alternatives to commodity markets and private ownership, or
> > >as alternatives to public infrastructures. In the first case, one
> > >might get something interesting, in the second it's compassionate
> > >neo-liberalism.
> >
> > On Mon, 01 Oct 2012, Brian Holmes wrote:
> > I don't wanna nitpick, but the question is whether the share-tech
> > rollout of the electronics corporations is USED as an alternative to
> > the commodity markets and private ownership.

[...]

> > All I can say is we better use 'em. The current crisis is mopping up
> > the remains of the postwar welfare-state institutions. To the exact
> > extent that new forms of social cooperation do NOT emerge, there
> > will be increasing social violence as predatory capitalism is taken
> > to its logical conclusions on the ground.
> >
> > To the extent that they DO emerge, we have the chance to create
> > something fabulous and new, the very figure of generosity,
> > solidarity and beauty in the social realm. It's what Virno called
> > "the non-state public sphere."
>
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012, Jaromil wrote:
> In my perception of what you are saying then such a project would hit
> the spot: http://commonsforeurope.net/theproject/ or Code for America
> FWIW, same thing basically.

[...]

> Sanitizing: obviously the politburo is pushing for a reformist
> rethoric and total abstraction of services in order to not disrupt the
> city-jail architecture which as of today is totally established and
> ticking like a clockwork.

Now look at this project http://www.decorourbano.org just gaining
momentum in Italy, where various majors and city councils are adopting
the app to let citizens interact about "urban decor"

or this http://www.burgernet.nl even more explicitly tied to the
police apparatus in the Netherlands (which we remember well in Europe
to be very, very efficient..) asking for people to collaborate
reporting deviance within the urban tissue.

this is the use made of the share-tech rollout in the social realm,
implying collective ownership and responsibility for public space.
Masses - or should I say crowds - self regulating against deviance,
even the most hidden one, because now we have human eyes, not just
CCDs.

I think these are the grounds for widespread sociopathic behaviour.

I'll be curious to read what is your experience with that.

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39