michael gurstein on Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:18:27 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Election Monitors Coming to U.S.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/263141-international-monitors-at-pollin
g-places-draw-criticism-from-voter-fraud-group

Election Monitors Coming to U.S.

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), a United
Nations partner on democratization and human rights projects, will deploy 44
observers around the U. S. on Election Day looking for voter suppression
activities by conservative groups. "Through our contacts at state and county
level in certain states, we managed to secure invitations at local level and
we have taken up the offer to observe. Where this is not possible, we will
respect the state regulation on this matter and will not observe in
precincts on Election Day," said Giovanna Maiola, OCSE spokesperson.