Jaromil on Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:50:27 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Political violence in Greece escalates.

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, nettime's gloomy prospector wrote:

> In a statemment, Pasok called Golden Dawn "a criminal organisation".

It is somehow sad and late for this. For years now I've been wondering
what keeps off European institutions from banning fascism, an act which
is even indicated as necessary by constitutional laws in many countries.

And my conclusion is that it is not democracy nor tollerance what
keeps this situation rolling, it is collusion with law enforcement and
military ranks, something evident just checking simple subscription
logs.  Meanwhile, even for moderates, the fact that such situations
keep recurring makes it easy to keep activists busy on martyrdom, then
labeling them desperate and violent.

Neo-fascist assasinations are recurring regularly in Italy in the past
10 years, most well known episodes are Dax in Milano 2003, Renato
Biagetti in Roma in 2006, or two senegalese workers shot dead in
Florence in 2011.

Here an account I've written some years ago about the formation of a
new para-military neo-fascist group that a former Italian military
general tried to start, the GNI, and some doodles around their
symbolism which some people did not quite get at that time.
http://jaromil.dyne.org/journal/italy_2009.html#fascism

Please note that both Spataro and Saya had relations with Stay Behind.
The whole network of trust is tainted. In Italy we'd be better off
deploying persecutors and law enforcement from different European
countries.

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: 6113 D89C A825 C5CE DD02  C872 73B3 5DA5 4ACB 7D10