Orsan on Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:12:59 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> aclu: IoT

Was recently reading Matteo Pasquinelli's impressive 2014 article on society of meta-data -and how italian (post)workerists have identified the trend and grasped where it was leading;  http://tcs.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/02/02/0263276413514117
At the end Matteo links the argument to the IoT, Industrial Internet and IoE.
Somehow one can undestand the absence of public critique by Californians, yet it seems to me like a bigger failure that we were misig radical critics goign viral and targeting this projects that were around for decades. while they have been openly declaring that they aim is the objectivisation of entire living labour into the interlinked networks of machines that are embedded in the city; they call it 'putting people at work on the move', proceting sort of an 'absolute general intellect'. As well as a global collective worker, neworked global production cains desiging ad erdesigning transnational division of labour intelligently according to the needs and functions of capital. How would you and other nettimers would explain the lack of wider radical criticque of this?
An counter IoT project came from Telekommunisten; OCTO which gives nice and fun vision for how should a beer to peer communal-IoT be designed: http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/project-of-the-day-octo/2014/03/25
Orsan

> On 26 mrt. 2014, at 03:58, John Hopkins <jhopkins@neoscenes.net> wrote:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/l5vcnp7 and
> http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/175822/
>
> Finally somebody makes a public argument against the breathless Red
> Herring Utopian hype around IoT and its purported deep and beneficent
> innocence.
 <...>