morlockelloi on Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:09:21 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Survey

Just doing a survey on a startup idea:

Would you use a free condom with BT & IPV6 address ?

Totally free.

On 3/25/14 19:58 , John Hopkins wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/l5vcnp7 and
http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/175822/

Finally somebody makes a public argument against the breathless Red
Herring Utopian hype around IoT and its purported deep and beneficent
innocence.

Back in the 90s, there was the same level of hype around the Web in
general, and we got the NSA. Imagine what IoT will bring us. The ACLU
makes a powerful argument to where we *don't* want to end up, given the
level of technological sophistication and data agglomeration we, under
this globalized techno-social regime, are converging on...

Cheers.
jh