Flick Harrison on Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:00:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> My letter to Chaotic Moon about taser drones

Here's what I wrote to Chaotic Moon, a Texas design firm, after seeing their demo on BBC news in which they had a drone helicopter fire a taser at an office intern.  It seemed they wanted to raise awareness and discussion of drones, but judging by how they demo'd it by stunning the most powerless person in their office, they seem to understand drones pretty deeply already.

Hi there,

I'm a tech writer in Vancouver, BC.

I saw the news about your company building a Taser drone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26930644

It appears that you demonstrated the Taser attack on an "office intern" according to that report.  Could you elaborate on how you came to choose this particular staff member for this activity?  What was their name?

What benefit did they receive?

What information did you give them regarding the risks of the Taser?  Do you have any relationship with Taser Inc.?

I am planning to publish your response on my blog, on Reddit, and to the Nettime discussion list.

Thanks,
Flick Harrison

--

* FLICK's WEBSITE: