Jeremie Zimmermann on Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:07:52 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> OurNETmundial - http://netmundial.net - ACT now!

The farcical illusion of "multistakeholder" discussions around
"Internet governance" must be denounced! For the last 15 years those
sterile discussions led nowhere, with no concrete action ever emerging..

In the meantime, technology as a whole has been turned into a
terrifying machine for surveillance, control and oppression. The very
same "stakeholders" seen in IGFs and such, by their active
collaboration with NSA and its public and private partners, massively
violated our trust and our privacy.

In 3 days will be held in SaoPaulo the NETmundial forum. Will it be
one more occurence of the "multistakeholder" farce?

Governments have a moral obligation and a duty to protect their
citizens' fundamental freedoms against aggressions by public and
private entities. We expect them to protect the decentralized
architecture of a Free Internet as a common good.

This is why we put up: http://netmundial.net

(yes, the idiots left this domain unregistered for us to use! hinhin)

With a manifesto that we encourage you to sign and spread in your
networks (Can be signed directly through
https://oiga.me/campaigns/end-global-surveillance-and-protect-the-free-internet
)

This manifesto will help us as an analysis matrix for the outcome of
NetMundial: Either governments follow our demands and take concrete
actions, or we will know that they are simply cooperating with this
global effort of attacking our freedoms and a free Internet.

Please help us spread this message, so an alternative voice emerges
from NETmundial. It is OUR Internet!! #OurNetMundial

With Datalove <3

- --
- ---
- --- Jérémie Zimmermann --- +33 (0)615 940 675 --- twitter: @jerezim ---