nettime's_tensegrity_structure on Mon, 19 May 2014 21:00:49 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> tensions within the digest [x5: geer, riemens, carvalho, mcgee, bard]

Re: <nettime> tensions within the bay area elites
     dan@geer.org
     "Patrice Riemens" <patrice@xs4all.nl>
     Alexandre Carvalho <tudoflui@gmail.com>

Re: <nettime> Gentrification - or a focus on income and wealth?
     Art McGee <amcgee@gmail.com>

Gentrification - or a focus on income and wealth?
     Alexander Bard <bardissimo@gmail.com>

From: dan@geer.org
Subject: Re: <nettime> tensions within the bay area elites
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 08:19:31 -0400

"Patrice Riemens" writes:

 | > I wish we were talking about governmental bureaucracies rather
 | > than corporations when discussing the id of institutionalized
 | > evil.
 | >
 | > --dan
 |
 | Save for the trifling detail that corporations, the big multinational
 | ones, are our new ruling institutions. Governmental bureaucracies merely
 | function as their flunkies, though, like all bureaucracies, they do watch
 | their own interests.

Gov'l bureaucracies are immortal, with a monopoly on the use of force.

We now return you to your program already in progress,

--dan

Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 15:15:16 +0200
From: "Patrice Riemens" <patrice@xs4all.nl>

> "Patrice Riemens" writes:
>  | > I wish we were talking about governmental bureaucracies rather
>  | > than corporations when discussing the id of institutionalized
>  | > evil.
>  | >
>  | > --dan
>  | Save for the trifling detail that corporations, the big
>  | multinational | ones, are our new ruling institutions. Governmental
>  | bureaucracies merely | function as their flunkies, though, like all
>  | bureaucracies, they do watch | their own interests.
>
> Gov'l bureaucracies are immortal, with a monopoly on the use of force.

I'd be curious to hear how Haliburton/BlackWater fits in this 'monopoly'
model.

Cheerio, p+5D!

From: Alexandre Carvalho <tudoflui@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:50:18 -0300

the answer is not that difficult:: Praxis, praxis, PRAXIS! ???ommuna!

meaning,, get your body on the frontlines and stand by the invisible
people; the ones that shouldn't exist according to capital. make their
voices and struggle known. we who calls ourselves left ought to
reconnect with the urgency of misery. the pain of not existing is loud.

the undesirables of society are there for everybody to see. they are not
human debris to be pushed away by reals estate. it is a matter of
intention.

words have power but without praxis their insurrectionary force is
weakened. we must become invisible ourselves ~

???
Atchu

Sent from my subjectivity

> On May 19, 2014, at 4:42 AM, Felix Stalder <felix@openflows.com> wrote:
>
> I'm astounded. Nay, dismayed. There is clearly a lot going. On a
> historic scale.
 <...>