Alan Sondheim on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:57:00 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> apologies

I want to apologize for not participating so much in the discussions around netartizens; we just finished (today) a long-term intensive collaborative (Azure Carter, Kathleen Ottinger, and myself) residency at the Brown University Cave, out of which I have about 10 gigabytes of material to deal with, and in three days I'm performing locally with Azure and Luke Damrosch at a non-profit venue here. After that we're recording another cd, hopefully working in the Cave again, and driving out west to deliver some of my instruments to a musical instrument museum. So it's not lack of interest, but projects which are gobbling up my time for the next month or so - ironically, they're all collaborative, just not online. I do want to say something about email lists - I find them the ideal medium for long-term discussions, since they have the capacity for deep and longer responses than, say, Fb; they also come with a leaner menu, less trolling, less distractions, and buffering which give participants the possibility of thinking through more complex replies. The archives and text-based presentations (for the most part) also make it easy to go through the conversational flow and retrievals...

- Alan, apologies, writing on just about 0 sleep

==
current text http://www.alansondheim.org/tc.txt
==