Thomas Gramstad on Sun, 5 Apr 2015 01:05:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nottime: the end of nettime

+1

Thomas Gramstad

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015, Claire Pentecost wrote:

Whether or not the announcement of nettime's final curtain has
me playing the fool, I am happy to be provoked into asserting my
enormous appreciation of this list and its dedicated moderating
squad. Although I don't post, I do often read (or scan) and am
grateful for the intellectual company of the regular voices here.
Most of the communications developments listed in today's obituary
that put nettime in the rearview mirror are in no way a satisfying
substitute for this unique forum. I've subscribed since ... 1997(?)
so observed many changes in the dynamic of the list; its trajectory
describes in heterogeneous if not totally incommensurate detail the
transformations of (mostly white and male alas) techno- subjectivity
in our wildly interesting lifetimes. Of course it's only one small
bit of the torrent, yes, mostly white and male, but also constituted
of mostly good faith attempts to grapple with two decades of social
and terrestrial convulsion. So, the frenetic world of electronic
communications would/will be a little lonelier for subscribers like
me (indulging in a little sentimentality here). Thank you to Ted and
Felix and the long line of contributors.

I suspect the prank is that, given the timing, we will think this is a
joke.