Geert Lovink on Sun, 30 Aug 2015 18:51:36 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> what if we were all right but all wrong?

> On 30 Aug 2015, at 12:26 pm, Alex Foti <alex.foti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So anarchists, autonomists, ecologists, queers are right in what they say
> and fight for, but they are also all wrong, because if they don't unite
> neoliberals and fundamentalists will defeat each one by one. We need a new
> intellectual synthesis, a new political philoposophy, a new, less
> intellectual and more popular, way of doing politics.

Strong analysis, Alex. I agreed up to this last point. Coming from the low lands where pragmatism rules, the culture here is deeply anti-intellectual. Itâs main problem is the rejection of debate and reflexion, outlawing intellectuals, both from political parties and social movement. The source of this is positivism on the one side (specially amongst the Greens who detest any form of negativism and critique as not constructive and exclude all these voices that are not âreasonableâ). So do not forget, in many places, more intellectual means more popular because it is inclusive of different voices that break the New Age consensus that paralyzes us right now.

Geert