Lorenzo Tripodi on Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:53:26 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: the European manifesto of Varoufakis and Piketty

Sorry, I wanted to reply but I???ve got distracted by the kid and
somehow an empty mail was sent by my computer:-)

Anyway :

I am just back form Greece where I had the opportunity to meet many
leftist people and also Syriza members living the incoming elections
with an incumbent feeling of impotence and defeat.

Varufakis is considered among them with mixed feelings, somehow escaping
a clear position in the current political scenario.

Still I get to think that he is doing the right move here: that means,
avoiding to remain stuck in the strangled Greek political arena, were
the last months clearly showed the impossibility to exercise a real
governing power, and shifting the struggle on a  (at least) European
level, where it can be clearly stated that the conflict is not between
Greece and Germany/Europe, but between civil societies and financial
institutions.

I definitely agree with your call for reflection and action in support
of a vast transversal initiative, and in particular, supporting the
objective to devise effective alternative currencies based on
alternative forms of value attribution as a concrete response to the
financial blackmail???

Lorenzo

> On 12 Sep 2015, at 19:11, Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> ?
>
>> On 12 Sep 2015, at 5:47 pm, Lorenzo Tripodi <loreso@oginoknauss.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 12 Sep 2015, at 10:57, Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, Alex. They have now annouced a conference in November.
 <...>