Lorenzo Tripodi on Sun, 18 Oct 2015 06:00:32 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> McKenzie Wark: Birth of Thanaticism

Great piece. Agree with most of the content.
Still I am not convinced of the term thanaticism - despite the nice assonance with Thatcherism.

Forces of capital are all but aiming at death.
They want to live.
???They live???

Capital is autonomously developing as a new form life.
Money understand itself as living being.
As every  dominant living  form, it eats and destroys subordinate species - what human species is becoming???
But it has no death drive.

This does not mean that its infinite stupidity together with its immense algorithmic power could not annihilate it, altogether with its human vectors???

lorenzo

> On 17 Oct 2015, at 11:30, Alex Foti <alex.foti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   blown away by this piece. i usually favor the term fossil capitalism,
>   because similarly to mandel-jameson's late capitalism somehow hopes to
>   consign it to a primitive past.
 <...>