olivier auber on Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:56:28 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Refounding Legitimacy

   Back from Shanghai, where I have given a talk in the conference
   "Consciousness Reframed - The Matter of the Immaterial - Art &
   consciousness in the post-biological era" organized by Roy Ascott at
   Detao Institute, I just published a preprint of my paper. I hope this
   may be of some interest for nettimers.
   Refounding Legitimacy
   Toward Aethogenesis
   Abstract: The fusion of human and technology takes us into an unheard
   world, often described as populated by quasi-living species that would
   relegate us to the rank of alienated agents emptied of their identity
   and consciousness. I argue instead that our world is woven by simple,
   though invisible, perspectives, which â if we become aware of them â
   may renew our ability of judgment in order to maintain our autonomy. I
   became myself aware of these invisible perspectives by observing and
   practicing a real time collective net art experiment called the Poietic
   Generator. As the perspectives unveiled by this experiment are
   invisible, I have called them Anoptical Perspectives (i.e.
   non-optical), by analogy to the Optical Perspective of the Renaissance.
   Later I have realized that these perspectives are holding their
   cognitive structure from the political origin of our language.
   Accordingly, it is possible to define certain cognitive criteria for
   assessing the Legitimacy of the Anoptical Perspectives just like some
   artists and architects of the Renaissance have defined the geometrical
   criteria that establish the legitimacy of the optical one. Finally I
   argue that â  if we apply those criteria to the technological
   artifacts which pretend to autonomy or tend to invade our bodies and
   minds â  we could move from the status of Selected to the role of
   Selectors in the Darwinian selection of artificial species. Therefore
   we could emulate a kind of Global Immune System that would prevent the
   takeover by some illegitimate bodies. Towards which direction? Nothing
   less than an emerging era of ethics where systemic predation would have
   vanished. I propose to call this era: Aethogenesis.
   https://www.academia.edu/16621395/Refounding_Legitimacy_Toward_Aetho
   genesis
   Moreover, here a are some traces of a performance based on the Poietic
   Generatorï¼åååçå¨ï¼ given in this context at the Shanghai Institute of
   Visual Art :
   http://goo.gl/1tT2gV