Shinjoung Yeo on Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:19:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> "Now it is official" new post from information observatory

Here is a new brief post from information observatory (http://informationobservatory.info).

Now it is official
March 26, 2016

"Last November, we wrote on how US tech firms with support from the US government, were moving into Cuba, occupying the country’s information sector ahead of any political détente with the US and threatening Cuba’s national sovereignty. This week, US President Barack Obama made a three-day state visit to Cuba, the first US president to visit since President Calvin Coolidge in 1928. On this “historic trip,” the US president didn’t go alone. Along with his family, Obama was accompanied by a phalanx of executives from US firms including Google, Xerox, Airbnb, Priceline Group, PayPal, Xerox, Stripe, and Kiva – as well as nearly 40 members of Congress..."

Full text Available at
http://informationobservatory.info/2016/03/27/now-it-is-official/ <http://informationobservatory.info/2016/03/27/now-it-is-official/>

If you missed our previous post on Apple, here is the link
http://informationobservatory.info/2016/03/19/apples-public-battle/

Dan Schiller & ShinJoung Yeo
Information Observatory
info@informationobservatory.info <mailto:info@informationobservatory.info>