seb olma on Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:42:49 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> <nettime-ann> Hackaton exploring the digital landscape

Patrice, Andreas,

It’s painful to see these charades continuing but in a way, it also
isn’t very surprising. There is tho, without any doubt, a strong
connection between the celebration of digitally enhanced changeless
change and the authoritarian ‘acceleration’ in the name of the people. I
found this image a few days ago. The sentence right in the middle could
have been taken out of a Clay Shirkey book circa 2005. Or, if you
replace ‘Twitter’ with ‘Blockchain’ it could even jump right out of a
recent nettime discussion. Just saying….

Best,

Seb
- -
Sebastian Olma
Professor for Autonomy in Art, Design & Technology
Centre for Art & Design
Avans Hogeschool | Avans University of Applied Sciences
4800 RA Breda | avans.nl
tel. +31 657334184 | skype. sebolma | twitter. @sebastianolma

Out in November: In Defence of Serendipity <http://repeaterbooks.com/books/in-defence-of-serendipity-sebastian-olma/> with a preface by Mark Fisher <http://repeaterbooks.com/extracts/the-great-digital-swindle/>