Michael Eisenmenger on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:25:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> [SPAM] PTS post trump syndrome - the suicide of the

Controlling the language of dissent in the media has been the domain
of Republicans for more than 30 years. Seems the Democrats are always
lost for words. Sander's captured it perfectly and had traction - but
then he wasn't exactly a Democrat, only an old guy trying to save them
from themselves:

"Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the
White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and
will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a
campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a
huge voter turnout.

With all due respect, and I do not mean to insult anyone here, that
will not happen with politics as usual. The same old, same old will
not be successful.

The people of our country understand that — given the collapse of the
American middle class and the grotesque level of income and wealth
inequality we are experiencing — we do not need more establishment
politics or establishment economics.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the
billionaire class and create a government which represents all
Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and
political establishment, not one which is part of it."

~ Bernie Sanders August 28th, 2015