Frederic Neyrat on Wed, 23 Nov 2016 06:29:30 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> What is the meaning of Trump's Victory + Badiou

   Hi Steven,

   Concerning fascism - is Trump fascist? - cf. this talk of Badiou,
   "Reflexion on the recent election": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRnUpVLc31w
   in which he speaks about a "democratic fascism."�
   Maybe it's not the best way to define the current situation but, again,
   my question is less "who" is D Trump �bu � what he does
   �with whom he is going to work and so on. Concerning the military
   aspect of his politics�let's bet that he will not stop the
   over-militarization of the country. And the over-militarization of a
   society, especially when it targets a specific kind of population
   (black people, natives), is a perfect tool to set the ultra-liberal
   agenda up - an agenda that you described very well.

   �st,