OzawaToshiaki on Sat, 17 Dec 2016 04:04:54 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Steven Levy: Joi Ito Explains Why Donald Trump Is Like

   I also reacted to the flippant appropriation by Ito of Arab Spring
   takes an enormous amount of reduction to consider as a monolithic
   event.

   The whole thing made him sound like a neoliberal ambassador soothing
   public anxiety toward the deepening ties between Silicon Valley and
   government by offering apps and punk rock.

   I'm curious to know how Douglas Rushkoff reacts to this article. In
   light of his newest book and recent lectures
   i.e. https://youtu.be/87TSoqnZass

   , some of the most motivated folks I've worked with are Hollywood
   legacy. Through inheritance, they all sort of have UBI. In addition, I
   sometimes find myself self restricted in ambition precisely because my
   income is existential. This is me, and its anecdotal, but I hope it
   informs the discussion.

   all typed with thumbs...