Michael Gurstein on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:09:53 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Trump Speech

Note, I am not defending Trump or Trumpism but I think developing an
effect response means to have a fairly clear idea of what is going on.

Please note that Trump’s first Executive Action has been to support
Bernie’s position and cancel US participation in the TPP thus
effectively killing it (and with it the next stage of embedding
neo-liberalism into the very fabric of global economy, governance and
society.

Also, please note if we (including myself and I would guess many others
on this list) had not been out demonstrating against Trump and Trumpism
on Saturday; we would, had Hillary won, very likely been demonstrating
against her and her support for the TPP (along the lines of the Battle
of Seattle and as had already taken place in many parts of the world…

Trumpism is a clear rejection of neo-liberalism in favour of America
First nationalism which is as much anathema to the mainstream of the GOP
as it is to the Hillary mainstream of the Dems.