Kristoffer Gansing on Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:03:50 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> A FIELD GUIDE TO THE SNOWDEN FILES > new BG, book out

C'mon guys - has nettime really sunk so low as to offer such troll
like picking on an independent publisher like Berliner Gazette, whose
editor made one of the first public calls for releasing the files in
the first place?!

Having been part of the workshops that this publication is also
related to, I can say that there was no pretense to integrate the work
on building archives of the Snowden files into the "artworld" here but
rather a mostly non-artist gathering, that now also has an artistic
offshoot which is anyway definitely not commercially motivated. The
book should arguably be made available also for free - but I seriously
doubt anyone is making money from this!

best,
Kristoffer