Birchall, Clare on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 23:47:11 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Shareveillance: The Dangers of Openly Sharing and Covertly Collecting Data....New Book

Dear colleagues,

forgive me for self-promotion but I thought some of you might be interested in the following short book from Minnesota:

Shareveillance: The Dangers of Openly Sharing and Covertly Collecting Data

https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/shareveillance

In an era of open data and ubiquitous dataveillance, what does it mean to “share”? This book argues that we are all “shareveillant” subjects, depoliticised in different ways by both open government data and covert data collection. Clare Birchall reimagines sharing in terms of a collective political relationality beyond the veillant expectations of the state.