Geert Lovink on Thu, 5 Oct 2017 10:42:41 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Barcelona: nationalism, municipalism?

I agree with you. Not enough new concepts that impact the future and not merely respond and reflect.

But it not just concepts themselves. There are not enough new ways to identify what theory is today and how to agree together on certain concepts that make sense and energize people. Concepts as productive common demoninators.

The way you strategically use all sorts of names in this posting, is part of the problem, imho.

Theory, and concept production today is not a collection of references to celebrities. Deleuze is the problem here. Not the man, not his ideas, but the name itself. The way you drop that name in fact stops concept production.

If you want to start concept production, then tactically disconnect from that academic cultural studies parade of famous names and start working on actual concepts.

Let’s do it now, together.

Best, Geert